TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. A deposit of one third of the total value will be invoiced after the first sitting. For portraits of a value below £10,000, the remainder will be invoiced upon completion. For portraits over the value of £10,000, the remainder may be invoiced in two further stages, another third half way, and the final third upon completion.
2. All invoices are to be paid within 7 days of receipt unless otherwise negotiated with the artist.
3. All photographs and sketches taken and completed during sittings remain the property of the artist.
4. In the event the artist is unable to deliver the portrait or the Client is unable to collect, the Client agrees to pay any incurred delivery charges.
5. The artist retains copyright ownership and the right to include the portrait image in his portfolio, website, printed marketing material and on social media. However, anonymity will be maintained should it be requested by the Client and/or the Sitter(s). The artist will also seek parental approval in cases where the portrait is of a person(s) under the age of 16.
6. If the portrait is to be completed without sittings and instead, from an image provided by the Client, the Client agrees that it is their responsibility to make the necessary checks that the image is copyright free and/or that the Client has permission to use and supply the image to the artist. The artist accepts no liability for any copyright issues that may arise, liability lies with the Client.
7. Should the opportunity arise for the completed portrait to be included in an exhibition, the artist will contact the Client to seek permission. If agreed, the artist will arrange and cover any necessary transportation and insurance for the duration of the loan.
The following services are optional extras, incur additional costs and will be invoiced separately after completion.
1. The artist is often approached for framing advice, and can organise framing upon request, for an additional fee.
2. A (usually smaller) framed print of the portrait image can also be supplied upon request, for an additional fee.
Photographs taken during portrait sittings and used by the artist as reference are held securely and are password protected. This password and any of the photographic reference will not be shared with any third parties.
Information you provide
When you send an email or use the contact form, we ask you to provide your name and email address to submit with your enquiry. This information will not be shared with any third parties, you will not be added as a newsletter subscriber, and you will only be contacted by us in response to your enquiry and at your own request.
Information collected automatically
When you visit this website, we may collect information automatically from your device. This may include your IP address, browser, the URL of the previous web site you visited, your ISP, operating system and other technical information. We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with our website, including pages accessed and any links clicked. This information will not be shared with any third parties
This site uses first party cookies that are set by the site itself and can only be read by this site.
UPDATED JUNE 2018